Ingersoll Rand’s ARO® brand provides fluid handling products for industries around the globe, including chemical, manufacturing, energy, pharmaceutical, mining and more.
When ARO Equipment Corporation was founded in 1930 in Bryan, Ohio, original products included grease guns, couplings and automotive lubricators for use in service stations. Today, our positive displacement pumps are expertly engineered for performance and reliability. ARO® diaphragm pumps, piston pumps, lubrication equipment, filters, regulators, pneumatic valves and actuators deliver the best total cost of ownership on the market and help customers get the most from their compressed air systems.
“As I reflect on ARO’s ninetieth anniversary, there is no doubt our employees are our greatest asset,” said Jonathan Wiechers, ARO vice president, global sales. “Companies do not survive—much less thrive—for nine decades without great people. It’s our people that make this company and brand great.”
- 1960-1970 – Simplifies the company name to “The ARO Corporation” and introduces Piston Pumps
- 1970-1980 – Launches filter regulators and lubricators and opens Southern Pines, N.C. plant for air tool production
- 1980-1990 – Launches first air operated diaphragm (AOD) pump; 1”, 1.5”, 2” pumps; and plastic pumps
- 1990-2000 – ARO purchased by Ingersoll Rand
- 2000-2010 – Production of diaphragm and piston pumps begins in Southern Pines; first Expert series (EXP) pump launched
- 2020 – Ingersoll Rand and Gardner Denver unite